Join this interactive workshop and fill your group facilitation toolbox with experiential, brain-based techniques to inspire, motivate, and promote engagement and buy-in. Take away practical strategies to facilitate meaningful reflection and create lasting lessons. Empower participants to take ownership over learning and build a positive, productive environment. Leave with creative inspiration and new perspectives on your role as a facilitator.
We will explore:
• Experiential, brain-based strategies to actively engage learners physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
• New research from the field of educational neuroscience and its impact on group work, and social-emotional skills development
• Strategies for increasing participant involvement, buy-in, and ownership in learning experiences
• A variety of group-building activities to develop rapport, respect, positive communication, problem-solving, collaboration, and creativity
• Active, brain-based strategies to facilitate meaningful reflection and dialogue and enhance program content delivery
• Methods to help group leaders design, sequence, facilitate and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes
• Innovative reflective tools and techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection to future learning situations
• Ways to enliven the traditional sharing circle with active methods to facilitate processing and dialogue that meet the diverse needs of learners
• Techniques to help group leaders become participant-centered, empowering learners to take control and responsibility for their learning
• The role of the facilitator as guide, and the importance of flexibility, attitude, adaptation, and awareness of group and individual needs and differences
Whether you are new to the field and looking for an introduction to the possibilities of experiential facilitation, or an experienced practitioner looking for new ideas and inspiration, join in with a playful spirit and leave with a valuable set of tools to enhance your work. Workshop session includes a copy of Jen’s new book Tips & Tools for the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation, Second Edition.