Take advantage of teachable moments and bring learning to life with engaging reflection techniques. Enliven the traditional sharing circle with active, brain-based strategies including movement, metaphor, art, and interactive dialogue to increase relevancy, depth of understanding, and create lasting lessons. Join this interactive session and gain inspiration and practical tools for weaving meaningful reflection throughout your remote or in-person programming.
- Practical in-person or remote learning reflection techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection and application to future learning situations
- Ways to enliven the traditional sharing circle with active (remote or in-person) learning methods using multiple modalities to engage all learners physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually in meaningful reflection
- Compelling neuroscience research that informs experiential, social-emotional learning approaches and the importance of reflection
- Methods for using metaphor to create meaning and relevancy, exploration of the use of art, objects, journaling, and movement in reflection
- New insights on the concept of reflective practice- viewing reflection as an ongoing and enjoyable part of learning experiences rather than an “add on” or didactic “follow up”