It’s time to open grandma’s game closet and re-see some of the many game classics (and new to you crowd favorites) in a new light. Using design, game-based, and experiential theories, we will deconstruct a wide range of existing mass-market games and re-envision them for use as purposeful and engaging tools for personal and organizational development.
1. Recognize the central design elements that facilitate the development of successful experiential tool.
2. Recognize and infuse game-design elements into a re-envisioning of existing resources.
3. Utilize existing experiential theory to develop a new structure and outcome for an existing game or learning tool.
4. Participate in a maker-space experience that synthesizes all three objectives above in the production of a new and unique experiential tool.
5. Facilitate and debrief as self-designed new and unique experiential tool with the group.